I have been using an Easy Load Deluxe Balloon Apron from Twist Em Up for the last 6 months or so and really enjoy the fantastic design - in particular the easy load balloon strips. I have been dying to give it a go to try and make a similar one for a while and so with a rare child free morning I thought I'd give it a go!
I started with a couple of old jean legs I'd hacked off to make shorts last summer after the knees went! I'm glad I saved them (knew they'd come in handy!).
And to the Apron. I again up-cycled, this time with Dan's old work trousers. I had previously used the legs to make beanbags so they were coming in very handy! I cut out the back 'bottom' area in a rough apron shape, and also the pocket shown on the bottom right thigh area of the photo below which I thought may come in handy later!
This was positioned on top of my gorgeous Melody Miller Ruby Star Sparkle fabric - left over from the pin-board I made for Angharad and Matt's wedding last week.
You can see below how the balloons are kept in place with the velcro strips. It is such a clever design as each velcro can take up to 50 balloons but still keep them tightly in place when you are down to your last 5 or so.
Note: I used around 2m of velcro and half a pack of Heavy Duty Silver Nickle Snaps 15mm. Plus fabric remnants and old clothes!