Friday 15 November 2013

Purses!

I have been wanting to try making a framed purse for a while. I have always been a little reluctant as it looked complicated with the metal frame but after finding this great tutorial here and all the supplies I needed here I had to give it a go!
Here is my first attempt! I used the Melody Miller fabric left over from the lampshade and the lining fabric was left over from the bunting. I have had great satisfaction swinging it over my shoulder!


For my second attempt I thought I would try a slightly different shape with a laminate. ( In the hope it would be easier to keep clean!) This frame had no loops to attach a chain to so I improvised with straps inside which seem to work well. There is certainly a bit more room for a purse, phone and keys inside which is great but the laminate does tend to make it a slightly less grown up look. Oh well - goes with the rest of me then!

I'm having lots of fun making the purses though and hope to find the time to make lots more!

No comments:

Post a Comment